We are VetStock, a local organization whose name is synonymous with an unparalleled passion and tireless volunteer efforts to improve the lives of our former and present Armed Services men, women and families.
Founded in 2012, our sole mission is to raise funds in order to support those veteran organizations that have not developed strong local fundraising capabilities in both Pike and Monroe counties and the greater Northeast PA region. Deeply committed to our motto,“Vets Helping Vets,” the non-profit VetStock only donates monies to legitimate veteran organizations that have been thoroughly vetted in order to ensure that all funds raised go directly to veterans, their families and to those organizations servicing veterans. Since our inception in 2012, we have made significant strides in keeping with our mission. Our not-for-profit 501c3 status affords tax deduction benefits to all our contributors, some of which include the following:
As our season gets underway, we appeal to you to join us in our unwavering commitment to improve the lives of the brave military families who have sacrificed so much for our country. Listed below are just a few of the worthy projects we have supported with donations made by our supportive communities.
- Contributed over $25,000 to Homes For Our Troops, a nonprofit organization that builds mortgage-free, specially-adapted homes nationwide for severely injured Veterans post – 9/11 to enable them to rebuild their lives. With our support, homes were completed for two area veterans, Cpl. David Noblit and Sgt. Roberto Reyes;
- Donated and coordinated the transport of the Wall of Remembrance to the Matamoras Veterans Park. This memorial honors carries the names of the over 50,000 first responders and veterans lost since September 11, 2001;
- At the request of State Representative Rosemary Brown,Vetstock purchased a much-needed Automated External Defibrillator for the Newman Smith American Legion Post 514 in Bushkill;
- Provided much needed equipment for American Legion Post 139 in Milford so that members could continue their fund-generating activities;
- Maintained our annual contribution to Milford’s Joint Military Honor Guard enabling them to provide graveside services for our deceased veterans;
- Donated to the Combat Veterans Motorcycle Association and area American Legions Benevolent Funds which continue to support area veterans throughout the year;
- Underwrote $5,000 in supplies for a project of the Milford Quilters in Delaware Township who made it their mission to provide handcrafted bed quilts for each of the 190 beds in the Gino Merli Veterans’ Center in Scranton;
- And most recently we established an ongoing partnership with Woodloch Resort in support of its dedication to Folds of Honor, an organization strongly dedicated to providing educational scholarships to spouses and children of America’s fallen and disabled service-members.